Dr. Josh Drake was born and raised in Hartselle, Alabama and graduated from Hartselle High School in 1997. He attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham, graduating in 2002 with honors where he received a bachelor’s degree in biology and a minor in chemistry. From there he entered the University of Alabama School of Dentistry, earning a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree in 2006.
Since then, he has continued with post-graduate education, earning a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry and a Fellowship in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Philosophy and Passion
Dr. Drake enjoys helping others and sharing his skills to influence them in a positive way. He views his role as a dentist as being a teacher. He enjoys educating his patients on prevention and helping them develop good dental habits. He also wants to be sure his patients fully understand their dental condition and any treatment they will need, and will patiently answer all their questions about that.
“Trust,” he says, “is the key to the doctor/patient relationship.” Many of his patients agree and feel that he has created a very warm and trusting environment in his practice.
He also has a particular interest in nutrition and the role that it plays in dental and overall health. He enjoys teaching his patients how knowledge about this and other issues can help them prevent dental and general disease.
Outside the Office
In his free time, Dr. Drake can be found spending time with his wife Bree, his stepson Maddux, and his sons Oliver and Hugh. They have a dog Polly, and enjoy spending time outdoors, traveling, and being involved in the community.
Memberships and Awards
- Member of:
- ADA – American Dental Association
- AGD – Academy of General Dentistry (Fellow)
- ICOI – International Congress of Oral Implantologists (Fellow)
- IAOS – International Academy of Sleep
- ALDA – Alabama Dental Association
- Eighth District Dental Society
- Delta Dental student leadership award
- Horace Wells Senior Student Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Dental Anesthesiology
- The American College of Prosthodontics Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Achievement in the Study of Prosthodontics.
- Extra Credentials:
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD). This fellowship designation is one of the most rigorous continuing dental education programs today. A general dentist who is a “Fellow” in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) has been recognized by other general dentists as a leader and example in the importance of quality continuing dental education to patient care.
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (FICOI)
- Currently working toward a diplomate of the International Academy of Sleep (IAOS), focused on identifying, managing, and treating patients with sleep apnea.
Dr. Lauren Drake Wallace, a native of Hartselle, AL, is a graduate of Hartselle High School where she was a multi-sport athlete. Upon graduation, she went to Auburn University where she graduated magna cum laude with a degree in biomedical sciences. Dr. Wallace joined the practice in 2015 after receiving her DMD degree from the University of Alabama School of Dentistry.
She works alongside her older brother, Dr. Josh Drake, who, through his own education and professional accomplishments, inspired her with an interest in health care and a desire to help others.
Philosophy and Passion
Dr. Wallace believes in prevention (prevention! prevention!) and early intervention. She is also interested in helping her patients achieve excellent general health and enjoys explaining how dental issues can influence overall health.
She is respected as a great listener—whether a painful tooth or a cosmetic concern—and addresses the issue as quickly as possible. She’ll take the time to answer all your questions and explain whatever you want her to explain.
She is also known for her gentle touch. Patients repeatedly comment on the painless, gentle care they receive under her hands.
Outside the Office
In her spare time, Dr. Wallace enjoys spending time with her husband, Brandon, also a Hartselle native. Frequently, they can be found attending a concert, taking a hike or enjoying the beach. At every chance, they will cheer on their beloved Auburn. Go Tigers! They share their home with their Siberian husky, Koa, and their cat, Chino. In December of 2020, Dr. Wallace and her husband welcomed their first child, daughter Norah, into their family and are thrilled to be parents.
Dr. Wallace belongs to the American Dental Association, the Alabama Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry.